Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnout and engine light help

aqua93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Hey guys and some family problems tonite so I reversed out the driveway in anger slapped my vt v6 exec into first got the wheels spinning up pretty good but then it felt like the car was stuck in gear and the engine light was on so turned it off then on and it was gone and car was driving normal....shoulf I be worried? Is it common? Please no smartass comments

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I wouldn't be worried, I was once sitting my ss and suddenly my overspeed light appeared. WTF

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Check your fault codes. Engine light generally means a code was logged.

Mzak89, do you mean the speed alert? If so, how fast were the wheels turning and what was it set at?

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Yeh the speed alert the wheels were spinning quickly my front windscreen was covered with smoke within 10 seconds my limit is set at 110

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeh the speed alert the wheels were spinning quickly my front windscreen was covered with smoke within 10 seconds my limit is set at 110

2nd or 3rd gear? Can't be first because you can't spin that high in first, unless it wasn't the speed alert light.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Powertrain light, ur trans was overloaded temporarily, logging a stored fault for powertrain

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Shouldn't be, likely it was just the car trying to stop it destroying itself. Torque and rev limiters.

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
hehehehe generally happens when a neutral snap skids done in an auto, i had one and it did the same thing, 1st time is nothing to worry about but try not to do it again or after a while the auto will make some very strange noises hahaha

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Haha that's right I did it once, got the respect from my mates cox they have never seen a neutral bomb dropped like that haha but the power train said no no haha once n my lesson is learnt :)