Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Dash removal problems

DC5039

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack
Hey guys,
I just bought a VX and am looking to replace the headunit that is in there (it isn't stock but i'm upgrading it).
I have read every guide i've found about the dash removal, but when i go to pop part with the electric window buttons out, it won't come out and the buttons get pulled up (as though you were putting all the windows up). Some of the guides i read said to remove the part that has the buttons in it by pushing it up, but when i push it it doesnt seem to move, and even when trying to lever it out with a flat blade, it doesn't seem to move
Any help would be greatly apprectiated

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Auto or manual? They do just pop up. Try removing the shift surround and then putting your hand underneath to push against the tabs.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
You shouldn't need to remove any parts of the dash to swap a h/u over.

DC5039

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack
Auto or manual? They do just pop up. Try removing the shift surround and then putting your hand underneath to push against the tabs.

I removed the shift surround and put my hand under to try get it out, doesn't feel like its even moving a millimeter :(

You shouldn't need to remove any parts of the dash to swap a h/u over.

Its not the stock one, and he didn't leave me the tools to get it out, and i'm pretty sure its been mounted differently so i need to get the dash off to get the bastard out

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
you need to remove the whole shifter surround, undo the loom and then pop the electric switch out.. thats the only way without messing around on one that is jammed.