Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais Seats Issue/Steering Wheel Stereo Buttons no go

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VfII Calais V V8 Empire bronze
Hi all have issue with front seats moving back and forward slightly. My understanding it needs needs new rubbers/bushes anyone able to direct me as to where I can get them. Secondly Stereo buttons on steering wheel are not working any suggestions be much appreciated.
Thanks Tim

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Do you mean the seats rock back and forth slightly, under heavy braking or acceleration? If so, yes that is a common fault in the VT's.

"Seat Movement (Calais) - While braking, or during a sudden slow speed stop, the drivers seat may move slightly foreward. This can be a result of a loose lead screw nut located on the base of the seat track. The lead screw nut originally had a 2.5mm steel washer which compressed against a rubber washer. A 3.5mm steel washer (92148372) was introduced to provide more compression against the rubber washer, and reduce movement.

Seat Rocking - The drivers seat in some VT's is able to be rocked back and forwards, or rocking is felt when braking or accelerating. By fitting a heavy spring to the electric height adjuster mechanism, this rocking can be reduced.
Height Adjuster Spring - Part number 92143092"

Faults - VT Interior

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
yep thats it been knocked back on roadworthy for it :(

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Really?! Wow, that's very surprising.

One possibility you could look at it, is replacing the lot (rails and all) from a VX or some such?

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well car is going in Thursday to get Clock Spring replaced and AC Vacum fault repaired dreading the bill, Holden can't give me a firm price.......as for seats have ordered 2 X Rail Sets to rectify problem @$450 each. CD Stacker has been sent south for E99 Fault repair($319.00 fixed price if anyone interested, msg me for details). Hopefully after this odd 2k spent car will not need any more spendings on for a while (I wish)

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
i would pull it from Holden for a roady and take it to a mechanic, holden will rip you a new one and make you pay big money i work there for years and ive seen it all mate, cut your losses and save some coin

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Well car is going in Thursday to get Clock Spring replaced and AC Vacum fault repaired dreading the bill, Holden can't give me a firm price.......as for seats have ordered 2 X Rail Sets to rectify problem @$450 each. CD Stacker has been sent south for E99 Fault repair($319.00 fixed price if anyone interested, msg me for details). Hopefully after this odd 2k spent car will not need any more spendings on for a while (I wish)
CD stacker E99 means that the microcomputer is locked, it can be reset by pressing the "ON" button for 6 seconds. Did you try that because it sounds like an expensive reset if you didn't?. You can pick up a stacker on ebay for around $50 if you are lucky.

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
i have a stacker, and ful l premium audio system with headunit for $220 .. 300 is alot to just fix a stacker dude!

leathert74

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah maybe, but that a rebuild with new components, I work in the electronic industry the problem is there aint many people able to access eurovox spare parts. Have tried all the resets etc even gone as far as dismantling and inspecting myself to no avail...had become instant fail upon power up. Only reason I am taking to holden on this occasion is to get the once over as only recently purchased car, it is destined to be put off road in next 6 mths and become a Sunday driver as it is 100% original and has only ever been serviced at holden(180k service gettin done as well) last service was just over 2 years ago car hardly driven of recent times. It is a car to be pampered only 1 of 375 that were built (supercharged version)

Last edited: