Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Power Train ?

trademark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S/W
Driving at 110 km/h, suddenly I lose power on my VX. Engine starts to lightly splutter, and maximum speed I can drive is 80 km/h, even though the revs stay quite high. After a while, the "Check Power Train" engine light comes on. I stop and restart the car ... it proceeds with no problems.

I spoke with the local Holden dealer, and was told to just keep driving, if it happens again, then let them know. It happened again about a month later, and after taking it in to Holden, they could'nt seem to find anything out of the ordinary after searching for codes.

Now, the car goes okay, although still regularly splutters at about 100 km/h and doesn't seem to have the same kind of power as usual.

Could it be ...

slightly blocked fuel injectors ?
an electrical fault ?
a transmission fault ?

If anyone has any advice ... it would be much appreciated.
Thanks !
TM

jenni lind

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Hi.. i am a first time on this sight BECAUSE... i bought a 1998vt wagon. Was conv to LPG in sept2008.. new oxygen sensors were fitted.
Tonight on my way home the power train light came on!!! What the!!!!
Any ideas...

VYS6

Standard- For now...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pack V6 S/C
Sounds liek its going into limp home mode due to a fault its seeing maybe electrical or soemthing liek a blocked fuel injector. prolly wouldnt hurt to get them cleaned anyways. maybe air filter or dirt and oil all over the MAF or soemthign pull it out and clean it with CO contact cleaner which ya can get at any electronics store.

give it a go ive seen mafs do silly thigns to cars when dirty

NN2101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore acclaim wagon
i've had my car for 4 weeks now and just got the check power train, searched the owners handbook from front to back and there was not 1 thing in there. What does this mean?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
It means something is wrong with your engine. Best take it to a dealer and they'll check to see if the computer has logged any faults, then take it from there.