Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT and VX wagon fuel consumption

Gunns VC

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Berlina
Hi guys, this may sound like a stupid question but I'm looking at buying a VT or VX wagon for a work car, I used to have a VT sedan a few years ago and it was pretty heavy on fuel but I was told that VX's were better on fuel. So my question is what's better on fuel, a VT wagon or VX wagon? I assume they would be the same but just want to know if they changed anything on the VX's to make them better on fuel over the VT's!

Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
The fuel economy across the range is broadly similar. Whatever you were pulling, assume you'll get roughly the same. Personally my VT V6 gets roughly 11L/100km at present, with a bit more driving in town that goes up to 14ish. What kind of driving do you do mostly?

Technically speaking of course, the VX has slight increase in power (about 4kw) and slightly better fuel usage (about <5% better than VT's). Remember of course, these cars are, minimum, 10 years old - all this information is pretty irrellevent lol.

Gunns VC

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Berlina
Ok thanks, I will be doing mostly highway driving during the week but will still do in town driving on weekends etc. Yeah true they are getting on in age. I was looking at a VX wagon but if they are the same on fuel pretty much i might just go the VT.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
you wont notice any difference in fuel, basically identical car with identical motor/box, pretty obvious that they would be the same

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Ok thanks, I will be doing mostly highway driving during the week but will still do in town driving on weekends etc. Yeah true they are getting on in age. I was looking at a VX wagon but if they are the same on fuel pretty much i might just go the VT.

Yeah mate, by this time, it's more about what condition the engine is in. The main reason to consider a VX are trim and other mechanical improvements. Avoid Series 1 VT's, they are plagued with issues, especially the very early ones.