Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lack Of Power ? VT Clubsport

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
Hey Guys recently bought a VT Clubsport 250kw LS1, she is mint as with 134,000kms
all stock besides a cold air intake, running 10w-40 Royal Purple oil

But seems to be lacking a bit of grunt ? which has me quite confused, as my mates vx ss with 225kw
seems as if it goes harder than my clubby, both are 6 speed manual too

any suggestions guys ? leads, plugs, injectors ?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Well yours is older so the components are going to have suffered more wear regardless of kms. I think you're on the right track with spark plugs, leads, and injectors (with the injectors either replace or clean them). Clean out the throttle body, fuel filter and maybe pump (have a look at your service history).

The only way to prove that his is pulling more power is to do a dyno run.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I would guess, your vt is stock. Series 2 clubby pulled 255fwkw off the top of my head.
and now i will guess your mates SS is not stock, and the 225 he is pulling is at the wheels, not at the flywheel.

difference, dyno tester vs numbers HSV promted on the engine alone, ignoring the loss of power through the drivetrain.
225rwkw will kill 255fwkw.
to simplify, rwkw rear wheel killa wasps= power at the wheels.
fwkw, fly wheel killa wasps, power at engine flywheel.... still has to go through further components before that power hits the ground, and it losses power with every inch it moves.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Any error codes?

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
naah hasnt got any error codes, oh well, i did the plugs and leads and it goes much harder now, thought this may just be the case haha

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
naah hasnt got any error codes, oh well, i did the plugs and leads and it goes much harder now, thought this may just be the case haha

if your plugs and leads were shot , your fuel and air filter will be too .swap them so it breaths and drinks properly

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

Um my car had a 6cyl pump in it, it eventually died. Example it kinda died last sunday.

New pump however is fine and seems as though car has more guts throuhout the rev range and not starving anymore.