Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VT holden berlina wont start

NDA101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HOLDEN COMMODORE BERINA 1998
vt Holden commodore berlina 1998 sedan

Hello Hope someone can help me? OK what's happen is my car would'nt start (was kicking over but not starting) anyway I then notice my remote was not working. I then left the key in ignition and over ride it for 2 hours and when I saw the red light was'nt flashing above the mode button I then was able to start the car. So I realized I had a problem with my remote so I drove it to shacks Holden and asked them for new key cut and remote. Then they said they could'nt reprogram the remote and said maybe the bcm was faulty and needed to be replaced witch all together would of been 800+ dollars. I said no way and il come pick my car up. Funny enough when I got there they managed to program the key. BUT still having problems cause car won't start. IV also notice the radio light was flashing. Kicks over but won't start.
Can anyone suggest what could be the problem.

Cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It could well be that the BCM is faulty, it happened to me once but it only cost me around $350 from Holden because I knew someone who knew someone. I would suggest that if it is the BCM then you buy second hand (usually plenty on ebay) but you will need the same level BCM and key remote that goes with it and then you will need to get the new BCM linked to the ECU before the car will start. It is still going to be a little expensive but a far cry from $800.

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
This usually means that the BCM is sh**ing itself. if you get a new bcm like accentstencil said, make sure you get the remote with it

NDA101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HOLDEN COMMODORE BERINA 1998
Hey thank you so much for that info. Great help,cheers mate.:)