Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low beam Headlights not working

Shadeki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commadore VT
I've got a problem with my low beam headlights. I've checked the globes, fuses and relays and all seems to be fine. The high beams are working fine, the parker lights were working fine as well but now only the driver side parker works.
I've checked the connections behind the globes for water damage or loose connections and they seem to be fine as well. I don't know where to look now?
I swapped the relay with the horn relay as they are the same and still nothing. I can't afford to take it to an Auto electrician at the moment so any idea's to help me out greatly apreciated!

Cheers!
:beer chug:

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
Have you tried another globe? High beams can still work even when the lows have blown.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Which fuses did you check?

Shadeki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commadore VT
Yes I tried new globes in the low beams and they still didn't work.

I checked the fuses under the steering wheel, even though none of them are meant to effect the low beam headlights and they are all good still.

I swapped the relay with the horn relay and I can feel it flicking (a vibration) with my finger when I turn the headlights switch on, but still nothing.

I'm going to buy a multimeter tomorrow and check whether there is a signal coming out just before it hits the globes. But still have no idea's as to where the problem is.....

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Check the L/H headlamp and R/H headlamp fuses in the engine bay, they are in the row of fuses closest to the firewall.

Shadeki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commadore VT
Hi, I just checked the L/H headlamp and R/H headlamp fuses and they are fine too.

I bought a multimeter and although I am still learning the logistics of how they work, I have tested out the voltage coming from both the Relay bay and just before it hits the globe and its getting from what I think it is supposed to.....

Although Something just happened as I was playing around with the globe....it turned on when part of the housing touched the metal frame of the car....

Could all of this just be an earthing problem?????

The weird thing is, when it flashed on and off quickly, I didn't even have the lights turned on???

:unsure:

Shadeki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commadore VT
So today I puled out the whole headlight casing, checked out all the wiring, bought a new relay and tried it, bought a multimeter and checked the voltage, checked the globes, checked the earthing, checked the fuses.....

and still no luck!

Have I exhausted all of the options????