Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Angel Eyes & Parkers

Fastmotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Hi,

I have been all over threads on here and couldnt seem to find anything so figured I'd ask..

Did anyone find a solution to VT Altezza Angel Eye's either using..

LED Parkers and having the Halo's work
or Having no Parkers and only Halo's?

The Yellow Parker mixed with White LED Halo is sadly starting to annoy me...

Any help is appreciated.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
You have to have the LED in the right way if you put it in and it doesnt work flip it around an it should go, If not then the LED is stuffed.

Fastmotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Thanks for the reply but thats only for getting the LED parker lights to come on.

The problem I have is when you replace the standard parker globe with an LED globe the Altezza Angel Eye Halo's no longer come on. LED's seem to not complete the circuit or something? I have tried 2 completely different LED globes (a Parker set and licence plate set) and same result.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
Thanks for the reply but thats only for getting the LED parker lights to come on.

The problem I have is when you replace the standard parker globe with an LED globe the Altezza Angel Eye Halo's no longer come on. LED's seem to not complete the circuit or something? I have tried 2 completely different LED globes (a Parker set and licence plate set) and same result.

i had the same problem the parker bulb forms part of the circuit so when the bulb fails so do the angel eyes

what you need to do is fit load resistors so that the circuit for the angel eyes still sees a bulb

a word of warning the CCFL(angel eyes) runs on a small circuit board inside the headlight fitted with a small plug if you pull to hard on the parker
socket you will disconnect it (as i did) and you'll have to remove the headlight and find a way to plug it back in and it is not easy

end result white parker and angel eyes

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,207

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
they will work
all you need to do is wire them across the + and - of the parker wires

Red clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt clubs port
I just wanted to ask if there are2 different sorts of the angel eyes headlights as the ones from cars r us seem to have just one halo light yet I've seen ones on cars that seem to have 2 halos??

LordEthan2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Is this an issue with the headlights themselves or with wiring regarding the VT? I.e, would this issue be present with the VX? :).