Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Executive - Calais

adept46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
Is it possible to add Extras to my VT commy? So like if i wanna add power windows can i just buy the power window regulators? like is the loom allready there from factory? if i buy the switches for the console of course :) also cruise control? same kinda deal? Im searching just most threads are like people asking and no one knowing lol

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
It sure is possible but the stock PW loom is not there, U will need reg's, switches, loom, The whole lot.

I am unsure about the cruse, But i beleieve it is not all there either, you will need a higher or newer model loom. Plus you will need MID BCM+ to run power window's and cruse control.

adept46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
So if i look at my centre console and there is a spare plug were the switch would go its a matter of buying the regs and pluging in the fuse and relay? or more to it?

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Well if the main switch wiring is there then that mean's all of it will be there, So yeh if it's there then all you would need is switch, reg's, and a fuse and relay.

I have seen a few kit's on ebay go for around $50, That includes all hardware, wiring & relay so if you keep an eye out you may find one for pretty cheap.

I think there is a elec window conversion DIY on here somehwere if i remember correctly if you need help installing it.

What BCM do you have in there? Low or Mid?

adept46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore
How do i find that out? and what is the difference?

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
How do i find that out? and what is the difference?

Under the dash near the firewall behind the fuse panel above the pedal's, Look under there for a black box, There will be a sticker on it with 3 number's and either LOW, MID, HI, LUX.

You need a MID+ for elec window's, If you have a LOW then you will need to get a new BCM plus all wiring & hardware. Then from there you will need to have the BCM matched to the ECU and the key, This is done via tech 2.

Low = basic, Just the base model. basic function's, nothing fancy
Mid = cruse control, elec windows, 3 window cluster
Hi, varable wipers, auto lights, power assist steering steering
LUX, Climate control, full power seats, auto lights, memory key, <control every feature available.

That should just about give you an idea as to the BCM's.

Best bet would be a MID Bcm, That will about cover you for anything you would plan on installing easily.

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
So if i look at my centre console and there is a spare plug were the switch would go its a matter of buying the regs and pluging in the fuse and relay? or more to it?

You will almost certainly need the door looms, make sure you get the right ones because series 1 are different to series 2.

SIMONSAYS

Reaction score
I have a VX executive S2

I want to put electric windows in as well, I have done a lot of reading on this subject but just want to confirm my question. It has the loom plug, all the wiring for the fuses and has a low bcm.

So can i get away with plugging it all straight in or will I have to bypass the bcm? Also where can I get the Relays and fuses from?

Simon

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I have a VX executive S2

I want to put electric windows in as well, I have done a lot of reading on this subject but just want to confirm my question. It has the loom plug, all the wiring for the fuses and has a low bcm.

So can i get away with plugging it all straight in or will I have to bypass the bcm? Also where can I get the Relays and fuses from?

Simon
I believe you will have to bypass the BCM. Holden will have the fuse and relay. I am pretty sure will need the door looms as well because your won't have the extra wires and plug for the regulators.

SIMONSAYS

Reaction score
I believe you will have to bypass the BCM. Holden will have the fuse and relay. I am pretty sure will need the door looms as well because your won't have the extra wires and plug for the regulators.

Wait so I will need the door looms? then where does the loom go from the plug?

i thought it would go:

Switch>Loom>BCM>Door loom>regulator