Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red engine light with a lightining bolt

10*drew

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 vt commodore
Hey what does a red enging light with a lightening bolt in it mean?

fjwb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 cv8
Check engine light, dtc should be logged to indicate what fault has been identified.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Just to elaborate a bit, DTC means Diagnostic Trouble Codes. When that light comes on it means one of the many engine senors has detected a problem and it will log an error code (trouble code). To find out what this code is you can either plug in a compatible scanner into the OBD2 plug under the steering column or you can read these codes manually.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vt-vx.23665 ( This won't work with an LS1)

10*drew

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 vt commodore
Well I just put new coil packs in it, engine is running smoothly but I'll have a look at them agen now that I have said that would a loose connection on the coil packs bring that light up? Should of said that early sorry

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
What else did you change at the time? Did you leave a connector off the AFM or something? Do the code check. Will stop us guessing. :)