Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PowerChip VT Commodore

HDT4EVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 V6 VT S2 Custom HSV
I'm Thinking of getting a powerchip for my VT.. Who reckons i should get one ????
And is it easy to put on ????

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 S-pack Auto 3.8
What car is it v6 v8 how many km, there are better ways to get power rather then just putting a chip in.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm Thinking of getting a powerchip for my VT.. Who reckons i should get one ????
And is it easy to put on ????

That depends on what you mean by chip. If you are talking about the $20 chips (resistors) on ebay, then no, forget it.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol

HDT4EVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 V6 VT S2 Custom HSV
It a V6 and it's done 260029kms and I was thinking of getting the chip off eBay but know I'm not going to cause I've red about them and they can damage your ECU.. And I don't want that happening to my car.. I've got a performance pod filter on it and it goes a bit better.. What else can I do ? Oh yea I'm getting an exhaust system as well but only a Cat Back 2.5" would that make any difference ?..

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
2.5" cat back will give you better response especially with no rear muffler (go lukey) I had mine fitted to a VX berlina and sounds much better with no rear muffler, slight increase in performance and better economy. Most guys say without rear muffler you'll get drone, but with my ride I have absolutely none but that's a LUKEY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.k.vmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS
Iv got a l67 vx with a twin 2.5 with mufflers all in stock places minus the rear res and it sounds okay and has mad 203hp at the wheels stock so the exhaust makes a diffrence on these motors.

dont bother with a chip just do basics exhause and extracotrs a good CAI and rockers and you should gain a bit of power and make it smoother to drive

HDT4EVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 V6 VT S2 Custom HSV
Thanks a lot guys this really helps !!!!