Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

unused EGR port on pacemakers

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 (conversion)
hi all,

just got pacemakers installed today... as my L67 engine does not use EGR, and the port is unused on the pacemakers and is just open to air now.
Im guessing it is releasing toxic and hot gases into the engine bay every time I drive it now :(

is there any good way of blocking it off? I might still have the EGR pipe from my old ecotec lying around....

Or maybe I shouldnt worry about it?

What do you guys think?

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
You can get a bung from bunnings that will fit it. Check in the plumbing section you will find it there. Thats where i got mine when i did the l67 conversion.
If you got them fitted why didnt the shop block it off for you. Also normally the l67 headers are bigger did you have them already??

Schwuppes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 (conversion)
cheers guys,

yes I did see that thread, but in the Pacemaker fitting instructions its sayd "only for PH 5059" that you need to pre drill the EGR... so Im assuming the PH 5060 (the ones i have) will have the hole drilled open already.

0081, what do you mean? I had stock L67 headers before... now Ive upgraded to Pacemaker PH 5060 headers, they are 1 5/8 primary and 2 1/4 secondary size.
I'll check for the bung at Bunnings. No idea why they didnt block it off.... must have forgotten. I'll have another close look tomorrow when there's better light.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Do you know for a fact its open? Just put something light (but not flammable) over it and see if air is blowing out of it.

I'm sure you would notice if it was open as it would be horribly loud and letting out air at extreme temperatures.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
I have seen some pacemakers that dont have the egr pipe coming out of the headers.

If you want a pic of my exhaust let me know.

But is it even open, you should be able to feel something coming out while the car is running and it will be noisy