Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Color coded garnish upgrade, reverse lights?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I'm getting a new color coded garnish sent to me but just wondering what I have to do for reverse lights because wont that get rid of them completely...

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
They usually paint around them
i hate that look.
get a vx calais garnish.
best of them all out of all the vt and vx range.

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well that's what I meant by color coded it's te completely blank one just in my color so need had the weird red stuff on it or reverse lights

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks like this
ha5equdy.jpg

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
You will have to buy aftermarket tail lights (for the love of god dont get the chrome rice lights) or a set of VX tail lights, that have the reverse lights in the same unit. You'll also have to do some wiring changes so that the wiring for the reverse lights are over in the tail lights rather then inside the boot.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
I agree, the VT Calais garnish (with reverse lights) and taillights looks better than the VX standard rear end.

I strongly recommend you have a squiz at this thread
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...1997-2002/60198-vtss-tail-light-upgrades.html

Post 5 is the series 2 VT lights (clear indicators)
Post 11 is the VT Calais
Post 18 has the Monaro look, which is fine on a BLACK car, but if you don't have a black car I think it just looks out of place. I've seen someone paint the centre of the garnish (the red bit in the above calais pic) black to go with the Monaro lights. I think that looked great. pics are somewhere on this site.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
I agree, the VT Calais garnish (with reverse lights) and taillights looks better than the VX standard rear end.

I strongly recommend you have a squiz at this thread
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...1997-2002/60198-vtss-tail-light-upgrades.html

Post 5 is the series 2 VT lights (clear indicators)
Post 11 is the VT Calais
Post 18 has the Monaro look, which is fine on a BLACK car, but if you don't have a black car I think it just looks out of place. I've seen someone paint the centre of the garnish (the red bit in the above calais pic) black to go with the Monaro lights. I think that looked great. pics are somewhere on this site.
post 11 is a VT with Vx garnish

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
#### this is confusing haha no idea what garnish I like now lol currently got the series 2vt one