Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grinding noise VT commodore

Lucas_125

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys,
So I've got a 98 VT Commodore which I've had for almost two years now and there is a grinding noise whenever I accelerate especially when going uphill but it happens all the time when accelerating usually around 2000-2500RPM, I think it may be the diff but does anyone have any other ideas to what else it may be?
It has been doing it since I bought the car a year and 9 months ago and it's definitely not going away.
Any advice would help, thanks.

97VTSS

Hey guys,
So I've got a 98 VT Commodore which I've had for almost two years now and there is a grinding noise whenever I accelerate especially when going uphill but it happens all the time when accelerating usually around 2000-2500RPM, I think it may be the diff but does anyone have any other ideas to what else it may be?
It has been doing it since I bought the car a year and 9 months ago and it's definitely not going away.
Any advice would help, thanks.

Manual or auto ???

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold my car :(
Mine was doing that. I noticed the bolts holding the differential were loose. I tightened them up with a spanner and now its smooth again.