Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best method of N/A Air intake?

Fastmotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
VT Commodore, V6 Naturally Aspirated. Currently running the standard factory airbox / over the radiator "snorkel" but with a K&N Panel Filter

I know there is plenty of CAI's about but I wonder about grabbing Air from behind the headlight as opposed to outside air from the bonnet gap? So what is the best way?

I have got priced, a K&N Pod with a Carbon Fibre Airbox to take air from the headlight space.. would that be an improvement? I interested in hearing whats been tried and proven?

Cheers,

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
You don't get any cold air flow from behind the headlight. This is what I've done. $15 from bunnings.
utava9e8.jpg
seqasu5y.jpg

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
factory airbox?...........with that sort of give up attitude we would never have won at Gallipoli would we.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
lol just chuck a K&N in the box and enjoy.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
factory airbox?...........with that sort of give up attitude we would never have won at Gallipoli would we.

Thats not a give up attitude its truth.

Secondly please don't compare someone modifying their car to the Diggers fighting at Gallipoli.