Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power window wont fully close vx calais

tsommerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Calais S/Charged 6
Hi guys,

Just noticed today that my passenger side window wont fully close on my VX Calais. It opens fully and stops at the right point but it wont raise to the top of the trim. Kind of annoying because water can now get in and it looks like it is going to rain tonight :S

I cant lift the window any higher or move it in any way unless I use the button in the centre console. Is there some way to reset the window motor or something? I'm a little desperate.

Thanks so much for your replies.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hi mate,

I'm pretty sure it would be an issue with the regulator rather than electrics. Although you could pick up a cheap switch console and try it out just to be sure. Also make sure there are no loose rubbers or window guide channels to foul the movement :)

tsommerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Calais S/Charged 6
Ok just took the door trim off, can't see anything that would be obstructing it. The slides are clear, there is no rubber getting in the way, the scissor mechanism is free to move it just seems to stop as though it's hit the top before it actually does.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Ok just took the door trim off, can't see anything that would be obstructing it. The slides are clear, there is no rubber getting in the way, the scissor mechanism is free to move it just seems to stop as though it's hit the top before it actually does.

I'm not sure then sorry mate, it may be a faulty switch mechanism, although if that was the case it probably wouldn't work at all. Hope you work it out mate :(

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais L77, VX Calais LS1, VW T-ROC
There's an adjustable stop at the top of the frame. That hasn't dropped down has it?

tsommerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Calais S/Charged 6
No :'( I just looked at it. Now I've got an extra problem of every time I lower my window it opens the door :/ And whilst it is nice that I now have an electric door opener, I'd prefer something a little more engineered.

sicksix

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 98 hsv clubsport
i had a problem with my rh/r window and it would go down but would not go up .and it was the main window switch i went to preston motors and he pluged in a new window switch and no go then he plug a new main window switch and it worked so i just bought the main window switch .ow and a new window reg is 180 new .from preston motors.

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais L77, VX Calais LS1, VW T-ROC
If the the door is opening with the window movement there's got to be something mechanical come to grief in there. All you can do is pull the trim off and do your best to see what's going on.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
When it stops, does it make a banging/thumping sound when it stops?

I have this problem at the moment, but on a vs, couldn't find anything for the hour I was in the door, until the window was in the right place, I look down, and 3 teeth are worn on the regulator.

Sent from your god, for you to worship and give money

tsommerville

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Calais S/Charged 6
No unfortunately, the only noise it makes is when (and I'm guessing here) it catches on the door lock mechanism and releases it. For the rest of it's travel it sounds completely normal, just like any other window. I'm just gonna say stuff it and give it to a workshop to fix, this is starting to become too much of a pain to keep buggering around with. Thanks for all your suggestions anyways guys!