Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Paint Plastic Things.....

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
my VX ws bought with black mirrors... i wanna paint them the same colour as the car... tiger mica gold... anyone tell me how to prepare with primer, undercoat, top coat and stuff like that... :)

oliver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
my mate did this with his vt exec. he just bought touch up paint and cleaned the surface really well then painted it. 2 or 3 coats i think it was

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
just make sure plastic is clean, wax n grease remover, prepsol, etc. vht have a new stuff out in a spray bottle now too. then sand if u want, primer with plastic primer, spray however many coats you want, clearcoat if you want.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Don't bother.. If these are exterior mirrors, doing them yourself will make em stick out like dogs balls..

Go to a few different panel beaters and get quotes.. It shouldn't be more then $50.. Offer cash prices too.. They WILL do a much better job..

edit: BTw, this is especially so with your paint colour.. If you had white, then it'd be alright I'd reckon.. But definitely not with your colour.. Even though some of the touch up sprays or nail polish applicators might come close.. As I said before, a panel beater will do a much better job..