Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a VX Commodore

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
Hi guys, I am looking at lowering my VX1 Commodore Equipe. I have upgraded the standard 15" wheels to 18" BSA-291's. I have thought about lowering it about 2.5" front and 3" to 3.5" at the rear on pedders sports ryder suspension. I have also considered Pedders extremeX adjustable suspension. What are your opinions on how far i should lower it and what suspension i should use?

V

VK Wagon

I think you should lower the car 3" alround with kings springs. It worked my old vy ss with 19" rims

ezynow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equip S2
I got my VX lowered with 18" rims on it. I got superlow king springs put on. They lowered it about 2.5" at the front and 3" at the back and it sits and rides really well. Well worth consideing. I got my wheels and springs done at the same time which saved a bit of cash too.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
what about the rear tyre wear problem on VX's?...

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have heard a bit about rear tyre wear, that's why i have considered adjustable suspension.

marcu5

Reaction score
Members Ride
02VX & 07VE SS
Make sure that if you change your stocks wheels/mags to different profile/sized ones that you get the ppk values updated at holden so that your speedo will still read correctly ;)

ezynow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equip S2
Also, you may need to get a rear camber kit fitted to ensure that the rear tyres wear more evenly. You can get the camber measured to see if you require a camber kit. Mine was measured and didn't require any adjustment. It is a 2002 VX Equip and has 18"s on it with super low king springs.

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i'll get it measured. My VX Equipe is a S1. I hear there is a problem with it.

V

VXBullett

It might be a good idea to see how much you can legally lower your VX before you do it, just in case you are forced to make costly adjustments later.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
a - i wouldnt use pedders. better to use Lovells or Kings. Pedders is a rip off and ****
b - camber kit is a must
c - if u put the proper low profile tyres on your 18s you will not have to adjust speedo as Marcu5 suggests.
d - NOT ALL vx models have a camber/tyre wearing problem. not matter what people say. Garth has clearing stating this on the two SHAME...HOLDEN SHAME threads where people are getting carried away
e - dont lower it 2.5" at the front and 3.5" at the back because your asking for camber trouble and unless you never expect to drive over a speed bump or on nothing but a flat road then go for it.

i understand people lowering there car to handle better and look better but some people are taking it too far then complaining. PLUS there are laws to the limits and insurance companies will reject insurance and claims if too low by there policy wording
you will scrap everywhere and have the cops hassling you.
be smart and reasonable about the choice not careless :b: :mad: