Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oil catch can

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
need advice re oil catch can for ls1 vx who can recommend one that works ok and were to buy l am in melb, also has any1 got one of those cheap rip
shifters that selling on ebay thanks in advance

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
How are they the best? They don't have any connection to return the oil, that they are supposed to extract from the fumes, back into the sump.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
How are they the best? They don't have any connection to return the oil, that they are supposed to extract from the fumes, back into the sump.

A lot of people rave on about them? Never heard of emptying the catch can at service intervals?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The thing is, sometimes catch cans also collect some condensation, you don't really want that going back into the sump.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i have the elite catch can mentioned and works well defiantly catches oil, buy it from the guys site not ebay because its like $50 cheaper they charge ebay costs...

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Thanks wraith,07gts ,l got a elite catch can from tuff cars site $213.50 with postage saved abit thanks again 07gts.Now I think I no how to fit it( top inlet of catch can 2 pvc hose,bottom out let 2 throttle body) is that how it goes?How do you tap into the pvc line cut it or wat if so where thanks in advance all.

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
its 4 a vx gen3,anyi no.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
not sure if there are slightly different thru the series of LS engines but there is a install pics on the elite engineering website i think...