Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine warning light

rousey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS A4 - 11.80 @ 120mph, 1.9 sec 60'
I got an engine warning light comming on about 1 min after i start my car.

and my car has lost power. drives fine, but put ur foot down and its not powering like normal... it surges, and guttless

any ideas

235rwkw

Reaction score
o2 sensors for sure, bet my balls on it. :w00t:

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
o2 sensors ?????

somebody asked me a little while ago have my 02 sensors been replaced . couldnt tell them .what is it. :driving:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
they will set you back from holden at about $130 each. (thats the price i got anyway)

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Man, I wish the average joe could see fault codes on these cars.

Check engine light came on this morning in my WHII. It's constantly on even from a cold start so I guess that rules out oxygen sensor. Did a PCM reset but the light's still there. Car still idles fine, drives fine, shifts fine, still have all 4 gears and it's not in limp mode. I'll take a punt on a faulty oil pressure switch. Any other takers?

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
rousey said:
I got an engine warning light comming on about 1 min after i start my car.

and my car has lost power. drives fine, but put ur foot down and its not powering like normal... it surges, and guttless

any ideas
could it be that you photochoped Street Tuna's LS1 Turbo engine into your own, and claimed it to be yours ???? :yeah:

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Demons1964 said:
Man, I wish the average joe could see fault codes on these cars.

Check engine light came on this morning in my WHII. It's constantly on even from a cold start so I guess that rules out oxygen sensor. Did a PCM reset but the light's still there. Car still idles fine, drives fine, shifts fine, still have all 4 gears and it's not in limp mode. I'll take a punt on a faulty oil pressure switch. Any other takers?
Mate you can you get a paper clip bend it into a u peice and short out 2 of the plugs in the plug under the steering wheel this will bring the engine light on the flashes are the error codes normal should be 12 1 flash gap of 2 seconds then 2 flashes this will repeat it's self 3 times then go on to other errors if there are any i can't remember which 2 plugs to short out but im sure someone else here can help you with it then do a google for the error codes
Cuckoo

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I did it to my VX the other day... if I remember right...

Paper clip should go between pin 5 and pin 6 on the diagnosis terminal.

Doing this will make your engine check light flash. It flashes in codes and sequences. Not sure what is what but it is in my workshop manual somewhere around here.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
cuckoo said:
Mate you can you get a paper clip bend it into a u peice and short out 2 of the plugs in the plug under the steering wheel this will bring the engine light on the flashes are the error codes normal should be 12 1 flash gap of 2 seconds then 2 flashes this will repeat it's self 3 times then go on to other errors if there are any i can't remember which 2 plugs to short out but im sure someone else here can help you with it then do a google for the error codes Cuckoo
How I wish it were that easy (smiles at the simplicity of my VS). Unfortunately no go with that method, that trick only works with ALDL. On the LS1 V8 the only way to grab the codes is via a Tech2, it's booked in this Thursday.

Does anyone know when Holden made the change to OBDII with the V6? Was it VY?

Last edited:

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Demons1964 said:
How I wish it were that easy (smiles at the simplicity of my VS). Unfortunately no go with that method, that trick only works with ALDL. On the LS1 V8 the only way to grab the codes is via a Tech2, it's booked in this Thursday.

Does anyone know when Holden made the change to OBDII with the V6? Was it VY?
yes vy sorry didn't relize it was a ls1
Cuckoo