Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do you reset the ecu after extractors are put on vt 3.8

D

devilly

Ive had extractors put on my car,and now its doing some very weird things.start car high revs then it lowers,then wait a few secs and sounds like Ive reved it,when i haven't,you can count to approx 30 and then it revs up by its self for 1 sec and then idles again,when driving it doesn't change the speedo from 60 to 61,i asked today what was going on with it and they said to reset the ecu.so how do i reset the ecu.any more problems with putting on extractors ?

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
Take the battery terminals off for 30 sec

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
Make sure you haven't accidently knocked out any vacuum hoses as well.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
O2 sensors connected?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Realistically they should have done all that after they fitted them .

D

devilly

I checked it out at night time with a torch,no smoke that i could see in the engine bay down to the weld with flanges,checked both sides,all connectors have been reconnected,i checked for any vacuum leaks/hoses not connected properly, all good.i disconnected the battery for over 1hr no change.gonna try a fuse reset,and maybe it will recalibrate itself.i think i have to at some point push on the accelerator for that to work.i got the job done at a shop and agree with commodore665 ,but i noticed that the battery terminals had already been removed and put back on,so at least they had tried.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Almost sounds like one of the sensors near the throttle body may not be seated properly... Just a thought.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You don't need to reset the ECU. It will adjust itself accordingly. A reset only takes it back to factory default trims.

Check the IAT sensor in the air box. The coolant temp sensor. Make sure the clamps on the MAF are tight.

Also, after new extractors, the paint burning off contaminates the O2 sensors killing them. But if you don't have an engine light, it won't be that.

D

devilly

thanks everyone, have just spent half the day on it and an extra thanks to sidecar55's,at the rear of the engine 3 hoses into a bracket,one of them is a plastic tube to rubber that was half way hanging off, i put on a metal clamp.mucked around with fuses, and also checked the air throttle and box thingo then all looked good.it doesn't do it anymore :) whoo :) :)