Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition stuck in accessories!! HELP!

Itsjoeyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys I went to turn on my car today and it wouldn't start. I've had an issue with my starter motor but when I went to turn off the accessories it wouldn't turn off. Could it be my ignition barrel or could it all be linked to the starter motor. I'm not much of a car nut I just want to know what could possibly be the issue and if there is anything I could do on my own to rectify the issue.

Thanks in advance :)

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Hi, have you tried jiggled the key up down etc plus jiggle the steering wheel left n right as you try to claim it?

Itsjoeyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I tried to jiggle it around abit and it didn't do anything the accessories is still stuck. :/

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
As previous post suggest - turn the steering wheel left and right whilst trying to turn the key

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
To clarify... is your key stuck in the barrel in the acc or on position or have you turned the key all the way off and removed it but everything is still lit up?

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
Ignition barrel may be buggered

Last edited:

Itsjoeyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
To clarify... is your key stuck in the barrel in the acc or on position or have you turned the key all the way off and removed it but everything is still lit up?

My key isn't stuck in the barrel it's. I've turned the Key in the off position and everything is till lit up.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The inner rotating part of the barrel, that turns with the key is stuffed. The tip of it has snapped that turns the electric switch.

To get U out of strife, remove the steering column surround, then remove the grub screw holding the black electric switch. Now U can turn off the car by turn the black ignitin switch off using the key or flat blade screwdriver.

whether U replace the inner barrel part urself or get a lock smith to do it, U can start the car now by inserting the key into the barrel as normal and rotate it so the keyhead contacts the metal ring, then turn the black ignition switch with a screwdriver.