Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another airbag light fault

TonyBill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II Commodore S
Hey guys
2002 vu 's'
I unplugged the plug at the back of the steering wheel looking for the stereo remote wires. Battery still hooked up. Plugged it back in.
Now every time i turn the key on it beeps and the airbag light stays lit.
Pretty sure theres no actual fault, just the system is freakin out because it lost comms.

How can i clear this light/beep? Heaps of response on here ovr the years but whats the best way

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
you need to get someone with a tech2 to clear the fault code, the airbag faults will hang around till cleared, simple as that.

That or buy Envyous Customs software depending where you live might be the cheapest option since Holden would charge more then the software would cost.

SRS Diagnostic Tool - Envyous Customs

There might be some other scan tools that might clear it but from all the ones I've purchased none of them will clear the airbag code, if they even find the fault code to begin with being a BCM error rather then an ECU error.

Envyous is a JC sponser too so you can find all his details here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/envyous-customs/ if you want to contact him directly.

TonyBill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II Commodore S
Thanks mate, i obviously did a quick internet search prior to asking but didnt realise someone asked the same question only yesterday lol.
See what friendly auto sparkies i can find on perth beer economy ;)
Thanks again