Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing Fuel Filter Plz Help

Mic 'n' son

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 98
Ok so we change everything oil, spark plugs etc. and we get to the fuel filter and we cannot figure out how to get it off it.help needed plz

Mic 'n' son :unsure: :confused:

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
To get the fuel filter off you need a special tool as the fittings are a quick release type and repco sells them for about $20 give or take

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Before you remove the filter you must reduce the fuel pressure,if you don't fuel will spray all over the place, possibly in your eyes.To do this you remove the fuel pump relay, start the engine (no throttle) when it stalls, operate the starter for 10 seconds, turn ignition off, replace relay.

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
Italian Stallion said:
To get the fuel filter off you need a special tool as the fittings are a quick release type and repco sells them for about $20 give or take
You dont need tools man save your $$$$ all you do is push and pull thats why they are called quick release iv changed mine since new and never used any tools its to easy :thumbsup:

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Geez, wish I had known that. I will try it, if I ever need to change mine again.

upthetiggers

Kill Cane Toads!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Changed mine today, a piece of piss really. And don't worry about back pressure, just have a small rag handy and watch your eyes, its nothing really.

Just don't break the harness that holds the fitler in like I did. A quick cable tie and its back to normal :)