Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back Seat Button... Removal?

Z

zerocool27

Heya, First post on here. I recently bought a vx acclaim Series II. Upon purchase i noticed that the little black/grey button on the back middle seat was half missing ie the push button part that allows the middle seat to fold down so you have your nice little cup holders there etc.... I have purchased a new complete button part, but having problems removing the old one. Do you have to take the whole middle seat apart etc... There are no screws to pull the back off to get to the button. Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem would be much appreciated. :whistling

dunno vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s1
same thing has happened to me except the metal rod inside has shot through the button cant seem to get it out! how much did the new button cost?

Z

zerocool27

dunno vx said:
same thing has happened to me except the metal rod inside has shot through the button cant seem to get it out! how much did the new button cost?

I went down to a place called Coventry's in WA. I don't know if they are national or not... But the new button cost me around $20.00. Make sure you get the colour you want as there is about 5 or 6 colours you can get. I rang a wreckers and they wanted $88.00, but that was including a complete new middle seat. The only problem he said then was trying to match the trim.

Anyway, i went with the $20.00 deal, but now i am stuck on trying to get the old button out. I was thinking of removing the back seats today so i could un-bolt the middle seat and see if there was a way from behind or under the seat that i have not seen yet. If anyone else has any more ideas, please feel free to let me know.

[Hold-On]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 Berlina Series II
Hey i have the same issue , did you get the button changed ? i tryed to look and pop it out but couldn't and dont want to damage it anymore ???

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
[Hold-On];1506052 said:
Hey i have the same issue , did you get the button changed ? i tryed to look and pop it out but couldn't and dont want to damage it anymore ???

Since this thread is 4 years old and the original poster has only 6 posts, I doubt he will reply but someone else will probably be able to help eventually.