Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Power Train - Air Bags

stew_38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I have a 1999 series 2 VT acclaim and recently have had various warnign lights when driving.

First the 'CHECK POWER TRAIN' light illuminates, the the 'ABS', 'LOW TRAC', 'TRAC OFF' alight simultaneously then finaly the 'AIRBAG' light illuminates on the dashboard. This occurs in approxamitly a 5 second event councided with some beeping noises. These lights stay on for approxamately 60seconds, then turn off.

The errors generally occur at hgiher speeds (although lately I have had a higher proportion of driving round the 100km/h mark).

Could you please suggest any problems or issues, another post with similar waring eluded to ABS problems.

Any advice would be welcome.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if the engine oil light comes on you have a faulty ABS module

Rob

stew_38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The oil light has never come on...

Any more suggestons?

vk6hgr

Reaction score
Website
vk6hgr.ampr.org
Members Ride
VT series 1
stew_38 said:
I have a 1999 series 2 VT acclaim and recently have had various warnign lights when driving.

First the 'CHECK POWER TRAIN' light illuminates, the the 'ABS', 'LOW TRAC', 'TRAC OFF' alight simultaneously then finaly the 'AIRBAG' light illuminates on the dashboard. This occurs in approxamitly a 5 second event councided with some beeping noises. These lights stay on for approxamately 60seconds, then turn off.

I'd get an auto electrician to have a look at the wiring between the various engine/body modules and the even check the dash module itself.

Usually if one of the modules has problems reading its sensors or communicating with the others it will flag a fault. Some are self clearing once the signal returns, which would indicate why the fault lights go out.

kojamoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
I have been having similar problems. The "Check power train" light and Airbag light both come on. My fans also run non stop if i start my car while it is still warm. I took the car to get checked and the mech told me that the body module control code is coming up. What the hell does this mean? will i be up for big $$$

stew_38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Well finally took to the mechanic at holden. After using thier scann tool they determinned their was a faulty abs module and replaced it with a reconditioned unit ~$500.