Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got regased today - strong smell of ? inside car

H

holden_nutt

I got my vx regased today and dye put in and not really while I was driving but when I switched the car off there was a strong smell of something which I think was gas but not really sure which was inside the car. Should I be worred? After getting it done I had the AC on high and it was still not properly cold. Is this smell a temporay thing? Do I have to give it a while before I get proper cold air?

P

pat

what model do you have, a vs i will do an evap for $500 cash, inc. dryer evap and gas. oh without checking it out that smell normally means leaking evap.

H

holden_nutt

It's a VX I Berlina. I noticed the smell the next day when I got into the car and also as I was driving it for about 10 mins coming through the vents but the smell has stopped now. However, the aircon isn't as cold as I think it should be. The guy who did the gas said that the climate control 'thing'? might need replacing which would cost $100.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
i used to have a leak in my old vr aircon system and the water that came out was going into the carpet and making ti smell pretty bad.. make sure there's no moisture comming inside the cabin somwhere.