Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS Module Random Fault

mopoke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Hello All,
First time post, first time Commodore owner, & Yes! I did a 'search' for ABS problems etc. in the forums. But! here is my tale.

Local dealer diagnosed the faulting module etc. after the usual random dash lights coming on & off as they felt like.( no A/C, Trac, Pwr, some gauges etc.) " You need new module $810 parts/labour". Found most dealers around me are charging $610.50 for the module.

Picked up a second-hand module & the dealership installed/tested etc. All worked well for about 100km. Now what I get is the 'ABS & Trac' lights coming on as soon as the wagon is put into drive & start to move, & they stay on.( at least the A/C stills works under this senario) :bang:
Took it back to the dealership & they said they got a fault from one of the rear sensors, but inspection revealed no problem, therefore this module has to be replaced. ???? ( but the symptoms are different!!!):cry:

Have hunted around for another module with Trac Control with no luck.

I have some reservations about it been the module again? :confused: Any suggestions!

Also I have been put onto AFI ( Australian Fuel Injection) in Granville, Sydney. that do a recondition/exchange deal for about $300 + postage. Has anyone had experience with recondition units? or with this company?

Sorry about the long post, but any feedback/help would be greatly appreciated.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Hey mopoke welocme to the monkey house!!
I've read of simialr problems with the trac n ABS lights coming on.
I occasionally get the samething coming on with my car.
Haven't fully looked into it yet though.

But, I've read on here it could be the connection to the unit.
Check the plug on the unit. Unplug it and blow out the connections.
I've got to do this on mine.
Might be something as simple as a bad joint. . . .
Try this out b4 u spend anymore money.

Cheers, Keegan

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
hah, occasionally my abs light comes on too. very random. if i turn the car off then on again, the light doesnt reappear.

mopoke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I think I have tried all the usual suggestions, ie. clean the connector, turn off/restart, disconnect battery etc etc.

Tried to check the 'Sensors" etc, but not too sure what I am/ would looking for?

Last edited:

mopoke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I forgot to ask.... Does anyone know where I can source an ABS Module with Trac Ctrl, willing to pay postage etc. I'm in the Blue Mountains, NSW. Have tried all the wreckers around here & in Penrith with no luck.

The Holden P/no. 92083319
Bosch P/no. 0 273 004 348 - off my old unit
&
Bosch P/no.1 273 004 485 - According to email I received from Bosch.

" According to our records, the bosch OE type number that crosses over from 92083319 is 1273 004 485. We hope this is of some assistance to you. in your project."

Last edited:

mopoke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Just tried the following:
Started car - all ok,
Into Drive go forward & the 'ABS & Trac Off' Light up immediately,
Into Park & dissconnected the ABS connector, lights still show up on dash,
Reconnected the connector & the dash lights go Off,
Into Drive...go forward... ABS/Trac lights come back on.

ABS Module or Sensors?

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
mopoke said:
Just tried the following:
Started car - all ok,
Into Drive go forward & the 'ABS & Trac Off' Light up immediately,
Into Park & dissconnected the ABS connector, lights still show up on dash,
Reconnected the connector & the dash lights go Off,
Into Drive...go forward... ABS/Trac lights come back on.

ABS Module or Sensors?
I can understand your frustration. Dr. Rob is the guy to consult about this, PM him.
I know this probably won't help, but I had the ABS Module problem as well. I couldn't afford to fix right away, so I pulled the fuse for the ABS and that gives you back your AC and only leaves the ABS/Airbag lights on when you have your foot on the brake.
I replaced the ABS/Trac Module with a genuine part (560). This fixed most errors but the trac light would come on sometimes under accellaration. So I got a dealer to connect TECH2 and check the system. It showed my Alternator was over charging at 15.7 volts min.??? The dealer said this is a common fault with VT's and probably caused the fault with the ABS (not likely I reckon).
Anyways, fitted a new Alternator and all is well with no dash lights. The dealer advised me that the ABS units don't like water and to cover them up really well if you ever clean the engine bay.

mopoke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Thumpin said:
I replaced the ABS/Trac Module with a genuine part (560).

Ok. Will look into the alternator side of it.
Where did you get a new module for $560 ( best I could source was $610 )

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
mopoke said:
Ok. Will look into the alternator side of it.
Where did you get a new module for $560 ( best I could source was $610 )
Trade with account price. I stick with genuine electronic parts due the warranty period. I have been covered by this warranty more than a few times.
Cheers.

Wattie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
My wife's Calais has the same problem. Replaced the BCM 12 months ago ($900), now the Holden dealer wants another $850 to replace the ABS module. The Brock Shop (Brisbane) is doing it for $600 fitted.