Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing A/C pump then re-gas.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Can anyone tell me a couple of things.
First how much is it to replace a broken A/C pump compressor whatever it's called:).
Also then price of Re-Gas in Melbourne's west or just a average all over really.

And this, I was told if you replace a pump or compressor:) then it needs to have the seals replaced and this will cost about $1000. Is there any truth to this or is it just BS.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Why do you need to replace the compressor? If it's because it's not getting cold it probably needs a regas or is it the pulley bearing making a noise, that can be relaced.
As for replacing all the seals, that is BS. I replaced my compressor recently and it is fine and the only seals I replaced were the two where the hoses connect to the compressor. If your A/C hasn't worked for a long time then the seals could dry out and need replacing.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
It blew up before i got it, And i have had the car since June 05 I'm not sure how long it hasn't worked for but the car was on construction sites for over 12 months and you wont believe the dirt dust that's got in it.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It's hard to say if you will need new seals but I would try and find a good second hand compressor, have it regassed and hope for the best. I bought my compressor for $80 second hand on ebay and it works fine. I had a look on ebay for you and found 4 for a VT but then I realized you have a VP so they will not fit. I couldn't find any for a VP on ebay but keep looking I'm sure one will turn up eventually. When mine needed replacing I checked with Holden and it was around $1000 for a new one, ridiculous considering a new compressor on ebay was $350. You could check a few different Holden places as prices do vary a lot.Good luck.

B

bns-sticky

Regardless any seals on hose joints or blocks must be replaced when you pull the joints apart.

Dust would do nothing to the compressor, its a closed system.

Wreckers is the best bet for one.

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
you should change the receiver dryer if the sys has been at atmospheric pressure for some time.Check prices for a compressor at your local repco etc they also will carry one. If you have a mate in the trade it could be just as cheap from them than on ebay.Also try companies named ingrams and ashdowns, they are auto elec and air con suppliers.