Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aircon bypass instructions

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
this is the diagram of the belt positioning to bypass the aircon compressor on the vr-vs and possibly the vt commodore.

this info is incase your air con compressor decides to cease functioning and you cant get it repaired straight away.
the new belt you get from holdens will cost approx $36 and is for a vs no aircon
you will probably need to remove one of the idler pulleys and the bracket it sits on to fit the shorter belt below is the diagram showing wich one and how to do it.
airconadvicepic.JPG

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
the belt you are chasing is a 6pk2230 from repco, covs. etc. Not sure on their price but the Holden price is fairly cheap anyway!

Can't remember if the idler pulley HAS to be removed since it is a back idler but "jafo" (knowing him) is most likely right.

Just remember that the nut is an 18mm and goes down to the drivers side to loosen the spring loaded adjuster pulley.

Bypassing the belt in NO way will damage the a/c system any further than it may already be!

Kind regards and thanks for the info "jafo" ....Guy.

P.S. I'm fairly sure the VT is different!

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Of course, I don't see why you couldn't use it as a permanent thing.. It's only bypassing the aircon.
Ive bypassed mine for ages simply because the aircon leaked and ran out of gas...

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
The only downside to leaving it bypassed is that the AC tends to degrade if you leave it discharged a long time, o-rings dry out and moisture can creep in etc. If you want to keep the AC best to get it fixed as quickly as possible (I'm procrastinating on getting mine regassed atm... should get to that).