Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT serpentine belt change

MXBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon 17"mags
G'day Guys,
tried to find some instructions so I could sucessfully change my serpentine belt on my VT wagon.
Couldn't find, hence, this post.

Anyone able to assist me with either a link or instructions please?:driving:

Cheers
Mick :)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Get a 15mm spanner or socket and put on the bolt in the centre of the tensioner pulley ( that's the one just below the alternator pulley) then while standing on the driver's side of the engine pull the spanner hard toward you, as you do you will see the belt is becoming loose and you can just pull it off. You put the new one on the same way.I find it easiest to thread the belt onto all the pulleys exept the water pump pulley, then pull the tensioner pulley with the left hand and slide the belt onto the water pump pulley with the right hand.I would suggest that make a diagram of how the belt runs beforehand so you can put it back on the correct way. Make sure the belt is sitting correctly in all the grooves.

MXBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon 17"mags
accentstencil said:
Get a 15mm spanner or socket and put on the bolt in the centre of the tensioner pulley ( that's the one just below the alternator pulley) then while standing on the driver's side of the engine pull the spanner hard toward you, as you do you will see the belt is becoming loose and you can just pull it off. You put the new one on the same way.I find it easiest to thread the belt onto all the pulleys exept the water pump pulley, then pull the tensioner pulley with the left hand and slide the belt onto the water pump pulley with the right hand.I would suggest that make a diagram of how the belt runs beforehand so you can put it back on the correct way. Make sure the belt is sitting correctly in all the grooves.
Cheers Bro!