Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Altezza headlight adjustment ?

mytag5

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT 11 Berlina
Hi, does anyone know how to adjust the beam height on Altezza headlights? Since Ive had my VT lowered, I keep getting flashed by on-coming drivers. After sales service has been no help at all so id appreciate any input.

Thanks

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
They dont use the standard adjusters?? If not then they aren't ADR compliant and you are breaking the law using them ;)

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
You get a hammer and chisel, and just whack the lens. Pretty soon they'll be much better :D :D :D

Sorry, i just can't stand them

`daj0pe

Reaction score
lol alot of helpfull posts.. you should be able to adjust them like any normal headlight.. otherwise get some black elec. tape, and just tape over the top of 'em

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
The chinese headlight adjustment corporation has plenty of helpful hints for this common problem,however if the vt is too low then the 'facebeam' phenomonon is usually unavoidable.If this is the case then your best bet is to replace them with some al-jazzera style units.cheers.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
mytag5 said:
Hi, does anyone know how to adjust the beam height on Altezza headlights? Since Ive had my VT lowered, I keep getting flashed by on-coming drivers. After sales service has been no help at all so id appreciate any input.

Thanks

There are screws on the back.. I'll have a closer look after uni, but they can be adjusted.. My ones anyway..

mytag5

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT 11 Berlina
Thanks for all of the 'positive' replies guys .I slept on the problem and worked it out for myself. There are screws on the rear of the lights so I tried them out and.. presto!, its just what i needed to do. It takes a bit of manoevering to get a screw driver in but it was possible. Im a bit puzzled to understand why the seller didnt knowthis .I even rang the distrubtor in Vic, and they didnt know how to do it either. Go figure!!

gamevx

LS1 Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS manual and VX berlina v6
it should be a bolt on the top of the headlight(grey plastic that says "adjustmenst")