Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt wont start

vt62nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt belina
hey everyone, i have a vt berlina 98 model, went to start it before the key turn around to start but it didnt start, i can take the key out and ignition is still on, checked for fault codes, non there, i suspect internal fault in ignition barrel, have removed barrel and ignition still on, if that makes sense, any advice will be helpful, thankz

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
your iginition barrel has broken off, and left a little piece of it in the end of the iginition switch. You will need to remove the little broken bit, use a screw driver to turn the switch back into the off position. or disconnect the battery.

RUS-14N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon Executive V6
Hi there, same prob happened to me, so this is what I came up with, simple, cheap, and looks good, also stands out from the rest

Basically, pulled the plug out of the back of the barrel, put switches inline with the wires, for ACC, ON, and IGN positions.

Here's a few dodgy pics to give you and idea...first button, ACC (Radio), second, (Red) ON, then the button does ignition

Mind you because VT's have the CHIP in the key, the car will ONLY start if the key is in and turned.

The position is onder the steering column, on the left hand side, on that panel that opens up infront of the fuse boxes

Attachments

• DSC00158.JPG
    DSC00158.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    420 KB · Views: 277

vt62nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt belina
thanks for the reply, i have turned the key back 2 the off position, pulled he key out and ignition stays on, the battery is disconnected, ill give it another go 2nite

vt62nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt belina
just had a look then and there is a broken bit of the barrel broken of, thankx guys

Joshmorgz86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Can anyone tell me how to get a fuel pump out of a 2000 vt sedan?