Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Service

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Sorry to have to start a new thread on this, I know a few have been posted recently, but thought Id share another *Dissatisfied Holden Service* story.

After today, its any wonder why people hate dealers for their car service (other than over priced)....not that I myself like most others have much of a choice when it comes down to dealer warranty.

Anyway, took the car in for its normal 1st 6 month service, while I was there I wanted them to check out the clunk I get in my steering, continuous problem with clicking clutch pivot since the clutch replacement a few months back and my traction control not being able to be turned off or on. Also while they were there I had also told them about an issue with the Purge Hose coming loose a few times over the last few weeks.

Picked her up late this arvo just before they closed, guess what.....the 'best' mechanics for a holden commodore couldnt fix them even tho they said they had. Still clunking in my steering when doing hard over left to centre turns, traction still wont turn on or off (tho its on for standard when u start the car up, i just cant turn it off) and the clutch pivot is still clicking on me even after having the on road tester shown what im talking about. Also no mention about having to replace or fixing the Purge Hose connections :ranting:

Does anyone happen to know where you can source the back LED light bars for the rear spoiler? The middle section of the bar has blown, and they wanted $160 for replacement, which i basically told em where to go.

Another thing I will ask and also mentioned to the Service Desk was that there is a slight suction noise coming from behind the firewall while under slight acceleration and while also easing off acceleration. Was told this noise is the induction of air through the filter etc etc but again nothing on the service report that this was looked in to.

If anyone also has any suggestions about the above three problems they havent fixed so I can feed them some information to fix them, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:end rant:

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I feel your pain regarding Holden Service Centres. Here's my story *yawwn*
Car kept cutting out whilst driving. Still had electrics but wouldnt start. In and out of Holden a few times and they couldn't find the problem.

First time - 'its the key'. New key $100. (I should have known it wasnt the key, but I trusted them *sigh* )

Second time - 'Cant find the problem'. I get a $60 bill for Tech2 hookup.

Third time (at a diff dealership) - 'Cant find the problem'. Another $60 bill for Tech2 hookup.

Fourth time - 'Yeah your BCM is malfunctioning, you need a new one'. I politely told them what to do with their new BCM.

Fifth and last time - "Keep my car until you find the problem. If you dare charge me 1cent of labour, I will be straight to the ACCC'.

They found the problem by lunchtime. Fuel pump was shorting out. New fuel pump and problem has gone.

I have lost all trust in that Holden dealership (who will remain nameless).

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
mistaken said:
I feel your pain regarding Holden Service Centres. Here's my story *yawwn*
Car kept cutting out whilst driving. Still had electrics but wouldnt start. In and out of Holden a few times and they couldn't find the problem.

First time - 'its the key'. New key $100. (I should have known it wasnt the key, but I trusted them *sigh* )

Second time - 'Cant find the problem'. I get a $60 bill for Tech2 hookup.

Third time (at a diff dealership) - 'Cant find the problem'. Another $60 bill for Tech2 hookup.

Fourth time - 'Yeah your BCM is malfunctioning, you need a new one'. I politely told them what to do with their new BCM.

Fifth and last time - "Keep my car until you find the problem. If you dare charge me 1cent of labour, I will be straight to the ACCC'.

They found the problem by lunchtime. Fuel pump was shorting out. New fuel pump and problem has gone.

I have lost all trust in that Holden dealership (who will remain nameless).

i like the confidence in holden dealerships, lol. im a little worried about them now. ive got mine booked in tomorrow for a complete service front to back. :confused: :confused:

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Was curious about the purge hose last night seeing that the other problems were not fixed to specification, and to behold to my disbelief it was actually repaired :p looks like they have glued it back in place.

Anyway, will be takin the car back to the dealer again Friday morning for round 2 on trying to 'fix' these problems. Lets see how it goes. Ill keep you all updated.

Mistaken: It only took them five visits to finally work it out? Gotta love the way they say "we made the car, we know how to fix it" yet they never can work it out, and charge you for the privillage. Good to hear they finally worked it out tho. They never charged you for the final labour on the fifth visit I hope?

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
WinterVX said:
They never charged you for the final labour on the fifth visit I hope?

Nope they didn't.
But crap, I forgot to mention I also had to fork out for a new alternator too ! That was about $380!

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
VTPREDATOR said:
i like the confidence in holden dealerships, lol. im a little worried about them now. ive got mine booked in tomorrow for a complete service front to back. :confused: :confused:

This is from personal experience, I'd never go back to Holden for a service. They charge through the nose cos they use 'genuine parts' where you can go to another quality place and get the same quality parts and labour for 30% less. :thumbsup:

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
mistaken said:
This is from personal experience, I'd never go back to Holden for a service. They charge through the nose cos they use 'genuine parts' where you can go to another quality place and get the same quality parts and labour for 30% less. :thumbsup:

Yeah if I could help it I wouldnt be going to Holden for my car service, but while ive got my car under their 3 year used car warranty, anythin such as servicing and parts covered under their 'warranty' needs to be done through them.
For anything else, ill be taking it to my trusted mechanic/auto electrician.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Try getting warranty on these other "quality" parts. Most wont give it. I bought a new alternator through holden, cost me $238 to suit an LS1, after 6 months of its 12 month warranty it shat itself, so i got it replaced for free. 3 years on still going strong. Sorry, but that little bit of extra cash makes a huge diff

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
yeah I get what you're saying there Minux, which is the full reason why I got the car from a dealer itself, as it does give you peace of mind. Clutch was replaced under their 3 month statutory warranty a month after I got the car, and I get a warranty on that part if something goes wrong again.

Only thing that annoys me is the way the continously charge you when they dont fix what they said they have.
I guess its the price you pay for a dearler car tho. Take the good with the bad