Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Altezza front headlight adjustment?

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
I recently bought the altezza headlights off ebay im stoked! only trouble is that they point to the floor and to the right i need to get them over to the left so as not blind WA drivers anymore than they are! does anyone know of a good garage with the light meter set up in the northern suburbs of perth?

or does anyone know how to adjust them? i pissed about with the 2 screws on the inboard and outboard light but they all just seem to move the lights up and down not left an right.

appreciate the help guys

vxtra

vxtra
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec s1
altezzas are a real pain to adjust.
there are about 4 or 5 adjusting screws on each unit, a couple are not visible when you look from above into the engine bay, they are below the back of the globe housings, if that makes sense?
you have to test with each one what it does, different one for the highbeam and headlight, one moves em left-right, another moves em up-down.
i just parked the car in the carport, backed it up as far as it could go, and adjusted them by hand - took a coupla go's, and you have to take the battery out to get at the drivers side screws, but i think i got it right(ish).
i phoned the motor vehicle boys to get the legal beam height etc, and they said that as long as the flat part of the beam (at the top of each beam , where it forms a straight line) is still level with the projector lens at a distance of 23 ft/8m, then its legal.
i've never been "flashed" by oncoming traffic, and the viewing distance at night is excellent.
hope this helped

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i like the altezza headlights, but i am not interested in buying them much because i bet some nasty person would damage them on me :(

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
altezzas are a real pain to adjust.
there are about 4 or 5 adjusting screws on each unit, a couple are not visible when you look from above into the engine bay, they are below the back of the globe housings, if that makes sense?
you have to test with each one what it does, different one for the highbeam and headlight, one moves em left-right, another moves em up-down.
i just parked the car in the carport, backed it up as far as it could go, and adjusted them by hand - took a coupla go's, and you have to take the battery out to get at the drivers side screws, but i think i got it right(ish).
i phoned the motor vehicle boys to get the legal beam height etc, and they said that as long as the flat part of the beam (at the top of each beam , where it forms a straight line) is still level with the projector lens at a distance of 23 ft/8m, then its legal.
i've never been "flashed" by oncoming traffic, and the viewing distance at night is excellent.
hope this helped

Wanna do mine? there would be a case of coldies in it!!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
take it 2 ne auto elec all they will do is line u up infront of a blank wall and adjust accordingly with a tap measure (if u can find out these mesuments u can do it urself) i got mine dun tho they rnt altezzas but r the black monaros 1ns n they only charged me $5 to do it

vxtra

vxtra
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec s1
hey neobristol - i reckon $5 is a nice price - by the time you drive all the way down to mine you would have spent that on juice alone :)
pm me if you have any dramas with it - i can talk u thru.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
hey neobristol - i reckon $5 is a nice price - by the time you drive all the way down to mine you would have spent that on juice alone :)
pm me if you have any dramas with it - i can talk u thru.

Ah hey i dont mind the drive, ive never been south of the river (only lived in oz 5 months) and it'd be cool to meet some like minded people. Honestly if your prepared to help a pom in distress id be toatly grateful!

vxtra

vxtra
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx exec s1
ok - got a wedding on this weekend, will pm you with the deets etc for when available, and i will have a go at them for you.

ps - i drink bulleits!!

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
ok - got a wedding on this weekend, will pm you with the deets etc for when available, and i will have a go at them for you.

ps - i drink bulleits!!

thanks very much for this.