Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warning Lights ON.

VIPVT

Reaction score
In the last couple of days when i start my car, the abs light stays on, trac off , oil and airbag lights all stay on with the warning sound ringing, also the temperature guage doesnt move off cold and the thermo stays on flat out.
It seems to drive alright but it only started doing it in the last 2 days and it makes me think something is really wrong, sometimes it takes about 20 minutes until it stops doing it... any ideas as to what is wrong and if it is a major thing or what, thanks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I think you asked this question a few days ago. I guess you haven't checked it out yet. Unfortunately the answer is still the same, ABS module. Take the advice WAGON MAN gave you to confirm this. It is a very common problem and the question gets asked every few days. Do search under ABS module to find out more.

alisons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 1998 ACCLAIM
Abs And Trac Lights Off

I am currently in the process of trying to fix this problem. To start with a few years ago, after transmission repairs, intermittently the ABS and Track Off Lights would come on. Sometimes if you stopped and restarted the car, the lights would go out. It did not seem to affect the cars performance. A couple of months ago, all the lights and warning sounds lit up the dashboard. The airconditioner would not work, the temp guages had no reading. I had it at an auto electricians and after a long time, it was decided that the ABS module was the problem. This was replaced, but still the ABS and Trac off lights come on. Back on the computer scanner and this time, the verdict was 'transmission problems' - getting beyond a joke. Any suggestions??:bang:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can only suggest you take it to Holden as they have the necessary equipment to find the problem. An auto electrician probably wouldn't have this equipment. Although, Holden don't always find the problems either.

xwgs351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII ACLAIM
I have the exact problem please keep in touch if you find anything and ill let you know if i find anything

regards

VIPVT

Reaction score
I took it to the mechanic today to get some bearings changed, the warning lights were not on when i got there, he hooked it up to tech2 and there were no error codes... so he says it isn't the ABS module... I seem to think i have to bring it to him, WHILE it is doing it... would that be correct?? or should the errors show regardless.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think a faulty ABS module will log a fault code. I think the only things that log fault codes have to do with fuel and engine management and transmission. I could be wrong, but there is no listing for ABS fault codes in my manual.

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
mate i had same problem took to numerous holden dealers . they couldnt find fault with their tech 2 .
what you need to do is disconnect abs module plug . if those warning lights go out . thats the fault .
i was advised this by another member to do this .i put in new abs module fine now. expect to pay between 650 -750 for new one . takes about 15mins to fit.checkout ebay might be lucky.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I used have problems with the ABS and Trac light coming on when starting the engine from cold in my VX GTS. When the engine was restarted everything was OK. Turned out to be a bad wheel speed sensor.

lehma06

lehma06
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi There, I was wondering if anyone could please help me. We have a VX Acclaim & for ages now we've been having problems with the air bag. Initially the light would come on & we'd take it to the auto electrician & he'd reset it & it'd be ok for a good while. Then it just kept happening & happening. We then got the brain for the air bag replaced & it was good for a while but it came back on again. We again got the part replaced under warranty & still we're having problems. I have just spoken to my auto electrician & he said that Holden thinks maybe the actual car is causing the air bag light to come on & damaging the air bag part????? Does anyone know anything about why we're continually having problems with our air bag light? I did hear that apparently if you spray deodorant inside the car, that can set off the air bag light????? Has anyone else ever experienced the same problems? I would really appreciate if anyone could assist. My email is [email protected] if you would like to email me direct. Thankyou Serena