Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear suspension camber kits

Stue

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
Hi again!

As per normal I guess with an FE2 suspension, my rear tyres keep wearing in the inner side. I have been advised on more than one occasion that I need a camber kit. So After purchasing 2 kits (one for each side) on the papers that come with the kit it states that on VS series 2 and later that you only replace the inner bush on the control arm with the camber kit, and not the outer, as it can case axle or differentail failure...

Has anybvody heard of this or can verify that this statement is true? and does this mean that from VT onwards should not put a camber kit on the outer control arm bushes?

NEXT QUESTION..... how the hell do you get the old bushes out, as they are a one piece unit???:bang:

Appreciate your advice!

Stu

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the kits that holden give you for recalls are 2 point adjustment so both inner and outer sides get replaced.....the bushes need to be pressed out and the new ones lubed up with rubber grease and pressed back in.
what kit did you buy???

Stue

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
The Nolathane kits. - they have adjustable camber on them. Do you know where you can get a tool to remove the old bushes?. The nolathane ones are split and are easy to install....hopefully....

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ive been lookin into gettin a camber kit a 4 point nolathane kit after my kits on and then gettin lowered but have been told 2 sides 2 the story some sayin i dont need a camber kit on 17s even tho its a series 1 and others say i do who the hell r u meant 2 believe lol??

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well put it this way....they scrub the insides of the tyres when they were stock height, you lower it more and it adds more camber, theres no harm in adding a camber kit even if its stock it just means you have adjustment when you need it.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats wat i thought made more sense 2 me was exatly wat uve said n i thought at least with a camber kit id b able 2 reduce that camber even after its lowered hence saving wear on ur tyres thats how i thought it all worked but some companies have said it takes a few hours 2 put on a camber kit and then wen it gets a wheel alighnment its a pain in the arse 2 do mayb they just dont wanna do the extra hours of work? i dunno but its annoying not gettin a straight forward answer lol

Mungus

SSV364
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV Sportswagon
Stue,
I was advised by a reputable bloke who works for pedders, what you are reading is correct. He only suggests the inner bushhes be fitted which apparently adjusts more of your toe in and only a little amount of camber. He says fitting the outer bushes can lead to diff problems and if i really wnted them fitted he tells me not to let any old wheel aligner play with the settings. i am waiting for cash and will get the kit next time i load up for a long trip, otherwise mine sits pretty good with tyre wear and no load FE2

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Basically when i had my vt i put a camber kit in, it cost around $350 fitted from my local pedders dealer.
I had it done cause i destroyed 2 tyres from scrubbing out, i was running 17's.
When i got my vy i made sure i put one in, piece of mind considering i was running 18's this time.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Basically when i had my vt i put a camber kit in, it cost around $350 fitted from my local pedders dealer.
I had it done cause i destroyed 2 tyres from scrubbing out, i was running 17's.
When i got my vy i made sure i put one in, piece of mind considering i was running 18's this time.

hey juzsvy how many kms did u get outer ur tyres without the camber kit on 17's and how many did u get wen u put the camber kit on?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
hey juzsvy how many kms did u get outer ur tyres without the camber kit on 17's and how many did u get wen u put the camber kit on?

About 5000 kays, it cut into the wall on the back two tyres.
After the kit went in it was about 15000 kays when i sold it, they still had plenty left in them tho'.:thumbsup: