Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Installing a Boost Gauge on vx supercharged 6

tynuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SUPERCHARED S s2
Can Anyone help me with were the hose from the boost gauge connects to the supercharger.

snoopin99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calias S/C Series 1
Boost gauge connection

On the passenger side of the supercharger, under the plastic cover there are some small plastic hoses towards the rear of the supercharger, they have rubber boots on the end of them, one connects to an actuator valve that connects to the supercharger. This hose is the one you want. It is the bypass actuator for the supercharger and it gets a feed from the manifold. If you need a photo i can supply one but it will be a pain in the but:ranting: as i will have to go pull my cover off and take one for you.

Hope this helps, Andrew :yeah:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
--------------------

Last edited:

mcgyvah

try it & see
Reaction score
Members Ride
stock Supercharged VT S series I
Tynuts, Just wondering if the bypass hose worked.

It is the bypass actuator for the supercharger and it gets a feed from the manifold.
I thought this actuator operated under vacuum? (please be nice I am easily misled)

mcgyvah

try it & see
Reaction score
Members Ride
as i have been impatiently awaiting a reply to this thread for a whole hour... :)

I decided to tee off this bypass actuator hose and fit my gauge and see what happened.
It read a nice vacuum at idle , and ,when I temporarily taped my guage to my bonnet and went for a drive it manage to just nudge the positive about 0.1PSI at full acceleration to redline in 1st and 2nd.

I thought i might try attaching it to the manifold as is also suggested.
Any idea how to get that rubber plug in the manifold off without breaking it? as I will likely need to put it back.

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
here ya go if you need anymore pics just ask :thumbsup:
IMGP0443.jpg

IMGP0442.jpg

mcgyvah

try it & see
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the pics,
is that the your boost gauge coming of the white nylon tee?

I put the tee in the hose above this which goes between the sc and the actuator, maybe i used the wrong hose?

sixshooter... i haven't found that m90 webpage yet, i'll look somemore tomorrow.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
It is very easy to use the vacuum nipple on the front of the manifold. That is where mine is attached. I found that the plastic cap broke when I took mine off, as they all go brittle with age anyway. Just attach a bit of hose to it and fold it over on the end and clamp with a cable tie if you arent ready to install the gauge yet.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i used the vacuum line on the front as shaggerz said, it gives me an accurate reading, & is easy to fit, although dont be suprised if the black rubber cap breaks when you pull it off, mine did, if you need pics, just ask i will post some for you

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
thanks for the pics,
is that the your boost gauge coming of the white nylon tee?

I put the tee in the hose above this which goes between the sc and the actuator, maybe i used the wrong hose?

Yeh the white tube going to the back of the engine is to the back of the boost gauge the tea piece came with the boost gauge (Autometer)