Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hot Feet

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt commodore
I have a problem with hot air blowing in at my feet in my vt. It seem to be only on the drivers side and sometimes if I turn the car off and on again it stops. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and what I could do to sort it out.

Reaction score
Members Ride
You've helped me twice in one night mate. Love your work.

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm startin to think that its got something to do with the hot/cold switch. Does anyone know if that should make a noise somewhere when I turn it? Like the vacuum sound.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Hissing sound wen u only turn the hot n cold switch?? no it shouldnt coz that switch only controls a metal rod behind the dash 2 tell the heater control if u want hot or cold air coming through the only 1 that should make a hissing sound is the vent selector switch as that has the vaccume hoses behind it.

r u still gettin hot air at ur feet? even if u select a different vent?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, doesn't matter where the vent selector is, I still get the hot air, but it's not all the time. I get the vacuum sound every time tho. Its got me buggered!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
try taking ur heater control off check the vaccum hoses havent split or cracked or come off 4 some reason may explain the hissing sound all the time but as 4 the hot air mayb check that metal rod if some1 has takin it out b4 they may have put it back on wrong allowing hot air 2 come through still and not shuttin the vent properly.

From memory count back 5-6 threads on the rod thats where the lil plastic connector should sit back u will see it wen u take it off

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I thought it might b the plugs, 'cause I used one when I fitted my neons, but if it was one of them, it'd be happenin all the time, its only every 2nd or 3rd time I drive it.
Thanks for all ya help fellas, looks like I've got a busy weekend.