Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

starting problem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Hey guys,

Well i have been saving for a while to buy myself a nice VT. Finally save enough and go buy one. When i tested drove the car everything was fine. Im driving the car home and stop at the service station to fill the car up and it wont start again. I called the NRMA and they jump started it and everything was fine. The NRMA tested the battery and alternator said everything was ok and it just must of been because the car hadnt been driven in a while. So i could live with that. When i got home i turned it off and tried to start it again and it started fine so didnt worry about it. The next morning i woke up and thought id take the car to a car wash place to get it looking nice. Get in the car and it starts fine get to the car ash place. Turn the car off and it wont start again. I finally got home and cleaned the battery connections and the drove it around the block and got home stopped it and it wouldn't start again.
So the problem only seems to be when you drive it and stop it wont start again and im forever jump starting it. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be. I'm so depressed i finally get the car of my dreams and it doesnt go.

Any help would be appriecated. Thanks

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
holdens for ya. they are either lemons or run without problems

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wen it doesnt wanna start pour some water on ur crank angle sensor if it kicks over straight away thats ur problem.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Thanks for the advice do you know by any chance how expensive a crank angle sensor is to get fixed?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
well i got told bout $140 including fittin but i never had 2 get around and actually change mine wen my mechaninc said it was that coz it hasnt played up 4 bout 10 months now and everytime i wanted 2 pour water on it the barsard wouldnt do it lol so not really sure seems a lil rediculous price tho u could prolly even do it urself and find a cheaper price ask ur mechaninc see if hes got ne and 4 how much

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Well just thought id update you all on the car it is at holden and they have looked over everything and cant find a problem with it. They are going to keep for another day and hopefully find the problem. Knwing me i will get the car home after picking it up and the problem will be there.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh if u poor water on the CAS an its starts thats ur prob mine did this and i was told by alot that if u poor water it will start n it did. but i took it to holden an told them i think its this an they had a look an said yes it was

cheers

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
Had that problem also, CAS for sure.

Now im just stuck with the problem of when i start it up first thing after not driving it for 6~ hrs when its cold, it will flutter and fart and go from 200-500rpm for a few mins if i dont help it with my right foot. Gregories rekons that it might be a compression leak but it only happens when the car hasnt been run for a while :/