Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ecotec vs supercharged exhaust

jarrod587

Reaction score
i was looking on ebay and you can buy a redback exhaust for a vt ecotec v6 for $370 or for supercharged v6 for $470. whats the differences between the two exhausts. can i just put a exhaust for a ecotec v6 on my super6 and it will work the same that way i save $100.?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the super6 has twin cats and the NA6 has a single cat with y piece (same as in VS models).

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
The VS will have a single cat, but I think the VT does come with twin cats. Could someone confirm this???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VS N/A has a single cat, The Supercharged has twin cats hence the reason the exhaust is dearer. The VT has a single cat, twin cats started on the VY series 2 on the V6.

Sweetas_VT_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 Series 1 VT SS Super 6
^^^^^My VT SS Series 1 Super 6 has twin cats....

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I think a few people are forgetting that we are talkingwhy there is a difference in price between the NA6 and the SC6 exhausts and I think most agree that the SC6 has twin cats hence the dearer price as even a single exhaust will need a y piece to attach to the twin cats.
Redbacks even has twin front mufflers then goes single 3" for the SC6

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
The VS N/A has a single cat, The Supercharged has twin cats hence the reason the exhaust is dearer. The VT has a single cat, twin cats started on the VY series 2 on the V6.

Thanks for correcting me:thumbsup:

STL.THY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP.S2 Berlina with VS.S3 V6 5spd S/C
if anyone still checks out this can you please help us out with vs s/c parts i bought a set of vs s/c pistons from ebay but the dood had swipped the rings pins and gugeons.i can get rings but the gugeons and pins i need and conrods if possible...i need these as soon as possible any help would be appreciated as only person ive found with em so far is barsby spares in Qld and hes asken huuuge prices.if i have to buy the pistons agiain so be it. -cheers

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
n/a v6 have single cat and s/c v6 have twin cat