Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais Intermittant dash warning lights

Fiddler100

Fiddler100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTCalais 98
Intermittantly I get dash warning lights displayed all at the same time.
The lights are :- ABS, Airbag and Drive train. Also sometimes included is the low trac light. Sometimes the ABS brake engages for a moment as they come on.
Previously only the ABS light was coming on.
I don't believe all these devices are faulty. I'm thinking a loose connector somewhere.
Has anyone else experienced this problem.

John Keating

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Another faulty ABS Module.....

Why can't people use the search function.....

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Might I suggest you try removing and then cleaning the terminals on the connecting plug that goes to the module.

Perhaps they are dirty causing some 'intermittant' problems. Had a similar issue with mine only the traction lights came on and cruise control was disabled. Pain in the arse if your on the highway for 3 hours!!!

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
yes another faulty abs module .to diagonise when your warning lights come on keep running and unplug abs module .your lights will come off .
holdens tech 2 diagonis equipment wont recognise fault when faulty abs module is in . i actually had to tell our holden dealer what to do.partwill cost you about 650 to 700 dollars takes 15mins to replace .
thanks to this forum it saved me lots of dollars . thanks from another member .our holden dealer couldnt find fault. went back 3rd time with this info .they were full of apologys.

Fiddler100

Fiddler100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTCalais 98
I have been told by a mechanic that it may be a poor earth connection somewhere as the fault is intermittant. There are about 8 earth connections apparently. Usually electronic equipment fails completely.

Bitz R Broken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
i had the same problem, replaced my battery terminals, and everything was good again...

N8089

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5ltr
Can any one help my low speed fan runs from start up till the engine is turned off also the check engine light comes on and off when the light comes on the temp gauge stays 0 but when the light goes out the gauge works fine I have replaced the relay and it did nothing

jasonzzz_petey

Supercharged VT Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
abs module probs just unplug it and if only the abs light, traction on, and low traction, lights stay on then thats ur prob, can also check earth conection at back of alternator, and battery terminals. in my car the wire came loose from back of alternator and caused abs module to fail.