Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing fuel filter???

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
i have just brought a fuel filter for my vx s pac and dun know how to install it.... is there any one out there with step by step DIY pictures of it getting done....:bang:

john_6767

Reaction score
i'd like this info too, looking at changing it in my vt..

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i'd like the info too, i did a few searches.. but have read mixed responses, can a clogged filter cause bad fuel economy/car being sluggish? i've got a feeling that mine has never been changed...

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
1. Take the fuel pump relay out.
2. Start engine until the motor 'conks' out. This is recommended to stop fuel pouring out of fuel line.
3. Get under the rear of vehicle and if needed, jack up the diff a bit.
4. Support rear on chassis stands where the two rear jack points are.
5. Remove fuel filter hold bracket as well as fuel filter inlet and outlet clamps.
6. Do everything in reverse and make sure the fuel filter you install points properly with the fuel flow. It should be marked on the fuel filter the direction of flow.

Done. Turn over motor! Might take a few seconds until the fuel flows from the tank, through the new filter and reaches the engine.

Hope this helps. See attached for diagram. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
And when cranking afterwards, crank in 2-3 second intervals and don't rev the crap out of the motor. :) Let the car run for 20 seconds and inspect for any leaks or problems. All should be goodo. :)

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
Be careful with the clips on the lines too, or you might break them like I did!!!

Bursons sells a tool for them if yo0u have too much trouble, a little blue or red half-round plastic thingy-mah-jigg.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The plastic clips can be a bit tricky but it's only a matter of pushing the clips toward the filter, squeeze the tabs on the clips and then pull them off. They may be a bit hard to get off if they haven't been removed in a long time.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'm too scared to go under my car even if its on stands. It's just looks scary!!!!

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I'm too scared to go under my car even if its on stands. It's just looks scary!!!!

How about two stands and a jack? Surely both can't fail right? :)