Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yet another hard starting post

Indy_387

Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking for some guidance, my VT S2 is giving me abit of trouble starting... it turns over fine, its just you have to hold the key in for about 3-4 seconds.

Happens only on GAS (however the gas starts the car on petrol). And 'normally' only from a cold start.

I have replaced the plugs & leads... anything else I should be considering?

Thanks in advance all!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
could b ur key head not contacting on the contacts on the ignition ring properly? have u got an old/ish key?

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Hello all,

Looking for some guidance, my VT S2 is giving me abit of trouble starting... it turns over fine, its just you have to hold the key in for about 3-4 seconds.

Happens only on GAS (however the gas starts the car on petrol). And 'normally' only from a cold start.

I have replaced the plugs & leads... anything else I should be considering?

Thanks in advance all!

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=55833

mine does this too, ive juss kinda gotten used to holding the key in for about 3-4 seconds.

Indy_387

Reaction score
could b ur key head not contacting on the contacts on the ignition ring properly? have u got an old/ish key?

Hey mate, my key is getting on... but the system seems to start fine on petrol, so I don't think it is the key.

Is is possible that the gas needs to be retuned? Could this be the cause?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i have a theory that, ur gas system is still priming itself..

try, turning the key to ignition, then wait 5secs, then kick it over, i know on my gf's olds el, the gas primes then clicks, u can hear the relay click, before it will start. regardless if ur turning the key for 5secs or u wait 5secs, it takes 5secs to prime, in the EL's case.. may be similar on the vt's..

hope that helps u in the right direction

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Hey mate, my key is getting on... but the system seems to start fine on petrol, so I don't think it is the key.

Is is possible that the gas needs to be retuned? Could this be the cause?

yeah after reading twin turbos thread he posted i dont think it would b either coz ud have it 4 both regardless i dont have LPG so i dunno about these problems use ppl with LPG who have it get it..... make sense? hahaha