Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Indicator Stalk

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
THe other day i was replacing the bulbs in my dash....as you do.....and i thought, lest pull out the indicator stalk and see why the damn thing clicks all the time when im not using the blinker.

Guess what!!! I couldn't figure out how to do it.

There are 2 shields behing the steering wheel, the top and the bottom.

I couldn't find any screws.

I found to places that look like there should be screws but it didnt. It just had metal stumps of some sort, flat.

What do i do?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It's quite tricky. You need to push the lower half slightly down towards the steering shaft, then lift the upper half and move toward the steering wheel. Takes a bit of doing the first time. There is a screw in the lower cover.

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
cheers

ill try that on the weekend

i buggered up the dimmer on my headlight switch. i dimmed it all the way down and now it wont go back up.

If i disconnect the battery for 30min you reckon it will go back to normal??

vtsuperchargedboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
yeah mine clicks without using the blinker aswell, sometimes when i do use the blinker it turns the high beams on aswell :( if you do the job can you take pictures please? thankyou

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
i did mine the other day, b4 i read the post or i could of taken a pic, my h/beam came on as they felt like it. there was a screw underneath and as accentstencil said just wriggle them a bit and comes off, then the switch just slides out of the clips, the wires on the back can only go on 1 way so u carnt buggar that :)

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
You will find a lot of posts as this is a common problem with VT's. I changed mine to a VY stalk. It had cruise control so there was a bit of working out as the wire colours changed from VT to VY. I really think it is worth it as the controls are much easier to use and it is more slim-line.

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
You will find a lot of posts as this is a common problem with VT's. I changed mine to a VY stalk. It had cruise control so there was a bit of working out as the wire colours changed from VT to VY. I really think it is worth it as the controls are much easier to use and it is more slim-line.

I dont suppose you'd remember which wires had to be swapped from when you did yours??

Thanks

vtsuperchargedboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
damn i have cruise control in my vt, anyone know what colour wire is which?

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Hey everyone, lucky I took my time in doing the conversion - wrote it all out so I only had to do it once.

The attachment shows the connector pins and colours, with my notes on the new colours to convert the indicator. This was to put a VY stalk in a VT2 Berlina.

Good luck, it is easy once you work out the colours!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• indicator scan.jpg
    indicator scan.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 846
  • indicator conv 2.JPG
    indicator conv 2.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 652

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
Looks like the blinker stalk has gone in My VT2 Berlina. Can hear the relay "clicking" randomly while I'm driving, but not for long enough to flash the globes on luckily. I might go for the vy replacement stalk. Anyone know what a VY stalk is worth? Second had probably? Havent seen any VT ones on ebay anywhere.
Thaks for the wiring conversion Marks-VY. This should save me heaps of time. :thumbsup: