Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vtss tail light upgrades?

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Hi all, want to upgrade my vt ss rear end tail lights and centre piece, not sure to what so I'm hoping for some suggestions and pictures if possible. these series 1 tail lights have got to go!

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
VT Series II tail lights look nice. As do VX Berlina/Calais tail lights. (with a VX Berlina/Calais rear garnish)

Just please, please, please, please, please, whatever you do, do NOT put altezzas or Monaro lights on it. :rice: :mad:

Bent_6

3/4motorsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Acclaim V6/ VS SII Acclaim V6
Nah go the Altezza's mate, theres not many of them around hey, even better keep the VT garnish with the Altezza's......Not.

I agree witth the above post, go with the VT2 tailights or the VX calais/berlina look.

On another note, i noticed for the first time on the W/E that VT Calais have lights (brake/tail) in the boot garnish is this right?

tri501

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S1
whatever you do don't put altezza lights on your car. imo it looks rice. get yourself a nice set of series2 lights and be done. i did the same to mine looks 110% better. just look on ebay. i just bought 2 sets the other day for my sister and her bf, they asked me to keep a look out after they saw mine. series 2 ftw

img05152ge3.jpg

Last edited:

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
yeah wont be doin the altezza or monaros, dont like them at all, I saw some some taillights with the clears up top of centre piece, maybe calais or something. was thinkin maybe vx, which centre piece, vx headlights look better too i reckon, gotta buy a new front bar in the not too distant future so might upgrade fronts then, but for now rears are a must.

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i decided to buy a vx calais strip and im happy with it. Adds a bit of class to the VT :D

Attachments

• vxchromestrip.jpg
    vxchromestrip.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 449

no1holdenfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PACK
looks ok. i got vx garnish and black monaro lights. i love it. HSV garnish would look sick too. Series II VT lights also look heaps sweet. my mate has them on his and it looks heaps diff from a S1.

no1holdenfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PACK
P.S I do like your calais strip. looks alright.

VX_Wannabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
yeah mate dont go monaro tail lights unles you have a VX or you would have to change all the garish and i know its a bitch to do cause a mate done it on his car