Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash warning lights??

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
a friend has a VX calais and recently the warning lights(oil,air bag,traction con,ABS) are coming on i searched for that and found some info on that but when these lights come on the power steering goes strange also??? it goes heavy but not as if it has NO power steering but it definately gets heavier??? and is it hard to find out if it is the ABS module causing problems???? any help would be appreciated....:thumbsup:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
these are the classic signs that the ABS module has failed, when it does it shorts the communications to ground & as the BCM controls the varoitronic steering it goes to minimum assist.

Rob

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
thanks for the replies, one of the best things about this site is the speedy replies i am also a member of a hyundai forum and when you ask a question on there it's nothing to still be waiting for a reply 6 weeks later!! whats the point in asking a question if no-one answers you!

Shane Lawrence

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 3.8 V6
Hi all new to the site but I'm impressed with the knowledge it gives me somewhere to start. All my warning lights on and the air con fan on when it is turned off and also radiator fan is on when cold I have a vx 2001 Berlina cheers.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The first thing to check would be that the alternator is not over charging. Measure the voltage at the battery with the engine running, it should be around 14.4 volts. If it is much higher than that you will need to replace the voltage regulator on the alternator.
If all checks out ok, the ABS module is the likely culprit.

Shane Lawrence

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 3.8 V6
The first thing to check would be that the alternator is not over charging. Measure the voltage at the battery with the engine running, it should be around 14.4 volts. If it is much higher than that you will need to replace the voltage regulator on the alternator.
If all checks out ok, the ABS module is the likely culprit.
Thanks a lot for that I will test it. I bought a diagnostic cable from Envyous and you think I can down load what I need NO I'm hopeless.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
ABS module is the most common cause. every symptom listed matches.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"