Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front wheel hubs/bearings

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
i thought my brakes were stuffed but came too a conclussion that it must be the front wheel bearings, i can hear a groaning noise from the front when breaking and turning corners and at various speeds, ive changed rotors and pads twice so i have ruled out the brakes, does this sound right, ive never had wheel bearing troubles before so i wouldnt haver a clue what it would be like. i also rang holden and they said they could get me two hubs/bearings for $196 does that sound fair or can i get cheaper aftermarket hubs?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
$196 is cheap as dirt! you wont find any cheaper than that especially fro, holden, last time i checked they were almost $300 for the ones with abs sensors inside

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If it only makes the noise under brakes chances are it won't be the bearings. But yes, that is a very good price.

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
under brakes cornering and at other speeds not just braking itself, and thats trades price, im not a mechanic but i always say i am it saves me alot of money and if they ever ask questions it doesnt really matter.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
how many k's has your car done??? cos they arent really a common fault with commy's

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
195k, its the only thing i can put it too, might have someone look at it but it cant be the brakes, tyres are good i thought it was a common prob/.