Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Boot Struts how to fit?

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
Got a bit stuck. im fitting new boot struts and the ones that i got i need to move the pin for the struts that is on the boot hinges. there is already a hole there for them. But how do i get the pin off? i tried a pair of vice grips and unscrewing it and it did not undo.

anyone come across this before?

cheers
jason

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
to fit it into the other hole. the struts are too long to put it on the pin thats there.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Can't you exchange them for the correct ones? If they are too long the boot may not close.

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
they are the correct ones =). on the vt's there is two spots for pins on the hinge. unsure but other models maybe the same. there is twostypes of struts. ones for spoilers one for boots without spoilers. i need to shift the pin location to the other hole in the boon hinge (both sides) so i can then fit the correct struts (the ones i have).

trouble is i can figure out how to remove the pins so i can fit them to the other hole thats already there........

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
if they're the correct struts then they'll bolt in to the current position. if you've added a spoiler, the length is still the same, but stronger support. try taking out the rubber stoppers to open the boot further

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The pins look pressed in to me. They certainly don't unscrew. The pin goes right through the hinge and you would have to grind that knob off to remove it. But I still don't see why that should be necessary.

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
hmmmm.... see how i go =)